The firm’s expertise in transport matters includes aviation and shipping, under the leadership of our Partner, Dr. Aboubacar Fall, who is the current President of the Senegalese Maritime Law Association and a Titulary Member of the Comité Maritime International.
As a regional hub, Dakar is home to branches of many air and shipping operators. We advise clients such as foreign ship owners and P&I clubs, helicopter operators and airlines on the aviation and maritime legal framework, corporate and commercial matters, establishment of subsidiary offices, accidents and liability claims and litigation and dispute resolution, including domestic litigation and international arbitration.
• Representing bunker supplier Bominflot Limited in a ship arrest at Dakar Port
• Advising Bristow Helicopters on requirements for operating aircraft in Senegal
• Advising aircraft manufacturer Embraer on legal requirements for sale of aircraft in Mali
• Representing Africa P&I Club in the denial of coverage of a claim in Mali brought by a ship owner
Shipping Law in Senegal, Codou Sow-Seck and Dr Aboubacar Fall, ICLG, 2015
- Category: Legal Services
- Published on 06 February 2011
- Hits: 8238